1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What Am I???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ckhlilfarm, Sep 4, 2009.

1. ckhlilfarm

ckhlilfarm Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2009
    Independence,KY
    I brought some bantam chickens & chicks home from a friend of my dads. I know that they are all pure breed, I just not sure what they are.

Picture 1 : I think he is a black breasted oeg rooster

Picture 2 : I think she is a black breasted brown oeg hen

Picture 3 : I think she is a buff black tailed Japanese, but she has feathered legs, so I'm not sure. Don't know much about the breed

Picture 4 : The gray and brown hen I am not sure what she is.

Picture 5 : The gray/blueish hen with black head, 5 months old extremely small. She is the one I'm holding in my hand

Picture 6 : The white rooster has a yellow/gold tone running though him and has feather feet.

Any help would be great. If you think I'm wrong about what I think they are please let me know Thanks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Blue Ribbon Bantams

Blue Ribbon Bantams Chillin' With My Peeps

third is a mille fleur chick i raised some a while back theyll get more black then some white spots the sixth looks like a poor show quality cochin roo

3. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    They all look to have sparse leg feathering along with a few things wrong with them standard/breed wise. I believe they're all crosses, exceptions being the pullet in the second to last picture.

4. obe10

obe10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Irmo, South Carolina
    the 3rd one is a millie fluer d'uccle

5. ckhlilfarm

ckhlilfarm Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2009
    Independence,KY
    Does anyone know what the hen in the 2nd to last picture is? I have raised her from a chick. I got her from tractor supply, she came from a hatchery in Ohio. With the exception of her, the first roo and the white roo, the more I look at the others I think they are crosses. The first roo does not have feathered legs and neither does the 2nd to last hen.

6. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    I think that little hen you are asking about may be a lemon blue, but I'm not 100% sure.

7. SPRING CREEK FARM

SPRING CREEK FARM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    Vanleer,TN
    [​IMG] The third one looks just like my Booted Belgian mille fleur, could even be a Belgian D'uccle, the two are closely related...[​IMG]

8. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    If the number 3 ends up bearded it's a D'Uccle if not then it's a booted bantam... Mille Fluer pattern. Most of the others look like game mixes to me but not positive on that and last one looks like a Cochin mix.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by