What Am I?

hillbillywilly

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 17, 2009
Burnettsville, IN
Just inherited 11 new chickens from my nieghbor and was wondering what kind of rooster I have now. Sorry pic not very good but has a V type of comb.
Rocky.jpg

ok he finally let me get some other pictures with my good camera. hope these will help anyone help me Identify what breed he is or let alone what he might be mixed with LOL
rocky2.jpg

rocky3.jpg

rocky4.jpg

I'd say part polish (looks like he has a very small amount of crest on his noggin
big_smile.png
(His "do" is slicked back in the head on pic if you look closely) Other than that, I have no guesses. Looks like a crele or cuckoo pattern (I'm still learning to tell the difference between them)?? Just venturing guesses! He is a GORGEOUS boy! Hope he's friendly for you
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
So far he hasn't tried attacking any one! I know them spurs looks ferocios on him. Got up to him yesterday and he let me pet him for a mear second but still less than a week at the house with hens that came w/him we have a jet black rooster that came w/him and others. He is less than a year old spurs just forming but couldn't get rid of him his colors are cool. Black w/tints of blue,green shinning in sunlight.

I know first time I saw him thought it was a V comb. Then I took the picture and zoomed in and thought it was pretty cool almost regular half way back then V'd out. Here is my Black one that I liked also he came with the others last week.

Jamal.jpg

How many toes does he have on each foot? The reason I ask is that he is bearded, with a V-comb cross, but he seems to lack muffs. I think you have a sultan cross rather than a polish cross.

Back
Top Bottom