What am I?

Nyrial

Songster
10 Years
Aug 4, 2009
Lake Stevens, WA
So the subject says it all. I have some guesses, but want some more educated opinions. They were sold as brown egglayers, so that's what confuses me on the white one. These birds are 9-10 weeks old.

The red one please... apologies for the poor lighting, its making her look demonic.

100_0192.jpg

The other red one

100_0191.jpg

And the big one in the middle.

100_0190.jpg

Thanks in advance for your help.

The red one appears to be a New Hampshire Red, but if she has a beard...

The white one in the second photo appears to be a White Leghorn.

The closest white one in the third photo looks to be a White Leghorn while the one in the back looks to be a White Plymouth Rock, but if it has a rose comb instead of a single, I'd guess Wyandotte.

1st pic. Black Australorp, and New Hampshire Pullets 2nd looks to be a production red or red sex-link type 3rd white leghorn and White rock pullets.

If the white ones have red earlobes, then they are brown egglayers - probably white rocks. The pullet in the bottom pic seems to be larger and has much thicker legs then the rooster next to it. It might be a cornish X.

Yeaah, I kinda thought might be A broiler cross, but in a brown egg pack? and I guess there really shouldn't be a leghorn either much less a male. Lets see some more guesses I love doing this.

No no, you are correct, the little white ones are indeed leghorns, I was just asking about the two red ones, and the big white one. Thanks
smile.png

ETA: The larger pullet in the bottom is actually 2 weeks older than the leghorn next to it as well, so that might help clear up the size difference.

Last edited:
I whole-heartedly disagree with the Cornish Rock. The legs would be much thicker, head would be much wider and the bird would probably already be having issues walking.

Sorry - I thought they were ALL supposed to be brown egg layers and were all the same age. Looking back, I see that you only asked about 3 chickens.

If the big white one acts just like your other chickens and is able to roost with them than it is probably a white rock and not a cornish X - but if it is lazier than the other chickens and tends to eat way more than they do, it may be a cornish cross.

Back
Top Bottom