What Am I ??

Quote:
Yes it is a Peach Blackshoulder pied, female for sure.

Father was a Blackshoulder Split Peach/pied ,and mother was a Blackshoulder Pied.

When she first hatch, thought she was going to be white, she was yellow with white flight feathers. She does look like a peach pied, would have fooled me ,if I hadn't hatch her from that pen, and saw her from day old. First day out in the sun ,so not faded out from sun. Her Aunt from last year Is a blackshoulder peach(not pied) also very light in color.

Quote:
Yes it is a Peach Blackshoulder pied, female for sure.

Father was a Blackshoulder Split Peach/pied ,and mother was a Blackshoulder Pied.

When she first hatch, thought she was going to be white, she was yellow with white flight feathers. She does look like a peach pied, would have fooled me ,if I hadn't hatch her from that pen, and saw her from day old. First day out in the sun ,so not faded out from sun. Her Aunt from last year Is a blackshoulder peach(not pied) also very light in color.

Very beautiful bird.

What will it look like when it is grown?

Do you have a pic's of parents to share?

Pic of her aunt, peach bs

peafowl084.jpg

Her Father

peafowl081.jpg

Her mother, bs pied. those blue chicks are not her young, but she did hatch them.

untitled2.jpg

Last edited:
I am so disappointed! I put 4 peafowl eggs in the incubator, 1 was not fertile so out it went, then the three left were chirping last night. I got up this morning and two of the eggs werent moving or chirping. One was chirping. I used a toothpick to try and pic the shell off to see if that was the problem and low and behold the two not moving anymore were dead. The other one I picked the shell off and it is still alive.(almost an hour ago) I have been waiting for it to dry alittle to put it in under the heatlamp but its not drying. Should I still put it in there? Also one of its legs is not flaying like the other what does this mean if anything. Am I just panicing or what? Some one please help!!!!!

You should go ahead and maybe put it under the heat lamp. When I hatched out my peachick it wasn't drying even with the vent plugs out so we put it under the heat lamp and it dried out. The humidity is probably too much were it is now and that is why it is not drying. Some of the feathers might stick, my peachick's head feathers dried all stuck together and all I had to do was gently pet its head to get the feathers unstuck. What does the leg look like? Sometimes I think the first day their legs and feet might be a little weird and not totally straight but by the next day their feet are straight.

Back
Top Bottom