What am I

akurime

Hatching
11 Years
Apr 8, 2008
We were told these are gold sex link chicks and ameraucanas. Can anyone confirm that? They are a week old in these pictures.

P1010013.JPG.jpg

P1010017.JPG.jpg

P1010016.JPG.jpg

What beautiful babies you have.
smile.png
I am not sure about the sex links. I have 3 black sex links. However the other ones look like 2 that I have. I thought they resembled chipmunks so I named them Chip and Dale. The feed store had them labled as Aracunas I have heard that they sometimes label wrong though. Maybe ameraucanas are the same thing. Does any one know? Mine are 7 weeks now and getting the tufts on their cheeks.

We love them, they will let us hold them and pet them. They have been wonderful for breaking us in. This is the first time we've had chickens or ducks.

It looks like some Easter Eggers, and probably some sex links if that's what the light colored ones are. I don't know what kind those are on the second picture left hand side. They have some odd feet for chicks
lau.gif

Here's a couple pic of my Golden Comet sex-link chicks. I got them from a hatchery. Don't know if this will help or not. You have adorable chicks and ducks!!
MyPeeps2_5April08.jpg

GoldenCometChick_2daysOld_3April08.jpg

Here are my Easter Eggers at a week

Chicks2_3April08.jpg

Hope these help a little!

smile.png

Last edited:
Cute babies! Ok so if they're easter eggers, whats the difference in those and ameraucanas? I was looking at the breed standards and they seem to have all that.... Just curious, I'm not showing them, but I can't find anything online on how to tell the difference.

I don't know what kind those are on the second picture left hand side. They have some odd feet for chicks

They think they're chickens, I think we're going to have some confused chicks and ducks growing up together
smile.png
In total we have 5 ameraucanas/easter eggers & 5 gold sex link chicks, then 6 khaki campbell, and 4 cayuga ducklings​

Back
Top Bottom