What am I

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by City-slickers, Mar 19, 2012.

1. City-slickers

City-slickers New Egg

Feb 20, 2012
    Anyone Know what kind of Chicken She (hopefully she) might be? She is so friendly and a great, GREAT flyer!!

[​IMG]

2. featheredroots

featheredroots Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    Madisonville, KY
    She sort of looks like an EE, but I don't see any puffy feathers on her face. She's certainly beautiful though!

3. City-slickers

City-slickers New Egg

Feb 20, 2012
    There are no puffy feathers on her face like my other easter eggers. Her gray color stood out from 130 chicks that she was chosen from. The place I got her said for every 100 chicks they purchase the hatchery throws in an exotic. So this is my "exotic" bird. I took her because she was so pretty and has turned out to be the sweetest chick I've had yet.

4. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    She's a rooster. There aren't many breeds with those green legs, so that should narrow it down. Most hatcheries freebie "exotic" chick is an EE Roo.

5. City-slickers

City-slickers New Egg

Feb 20, 2012
    Hmm, I know there's always the possibility of a roo getting in there, but the place I go orders sexed female vaccinated only. Would they through a free roo in on purpose? And the legs are not that green in person. Not sure why they look like that in pictures, but I already noticed that. Oh boy, I hope she's not a roo!!

6. caj1985

caj1985 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2012
    Ratcliff, AR
    This one looks just like my 4 week old blue Hamburg pullets.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by