what am i ?

if you go to my albums and look under d'uccles you can see her fully feathered out at about 3 months old...those look more white than they should be and its hard to see their patteren as well, to me their whole colorating seems off. from the looks in those pics it looks like they came from a hatchery as your chick doesnt even have any porcilain color in it at all it looks like its going to be more of a white (note mine came from a breeder who does show but the breeder is more interrested in the temperment of her chickens but hatchery porcilains do look the same as mine). porcilains are the millie fleur patteren but the over all color of a porcilain is diluted by the lavender gene. i will try and get some more recent pics of my porcilain hen (i only have a hen so i cant show a rooster) tomorrow/today and post her pic on here. the pic of my porcilain is exactly how a porcilain chick should look like. try to keep posting updated pics like every 2-4 weeks so we can see how they are feathering in my guess would be eaither poor parent stock with mixed colors or these chicks came from a pen of different colors all mixed together...

that lil chick looks like it might end up being white or some shade of buff....also should be able to tell gender at 3 weeks of age

lol it is the one at the back

hdowden your porcilain is more blue than mine
hit.gif
i would so love a blue.
have no idea where the parents came from.

parents of above porcilain chick

heres what our porcilain roosters look like (remember you are over seas and i'm in the US)

this pic is of one of Grumpypantsmomma porcilain

Porcelaine pair
(Photo courtesy of the Belgian Bantam Club of Australia)

porcpr.jpg

Last edited:
well out of the three i now have only the one that has turned out to be a millie fleur D'uccle yay
the black mottle was a roster so went back and i lost the porcelain one a few weeks ago went to feed them and it was laying
on the ground not sure why possibly from the cold

any way here is an update pic of her

Back
Top Bottom