What am I?

Freebie

Songster
12 Years
Feb 4, 2007
Bloomingdale, MI
Ok, I got some hens and don't know what they are, I do have pictures, so I am just curious so please, if you know, let me know.

2007_0612babiesnewchickens0074.jpg

2007_0612babiesnewchickens0057.jpg

2007_0612babiesnewchickens0052.jpg

2007_0612babiesnewchickens0050.jpg

Quote:
The second one is black except in the front there. at first I thought it was a Black Australorp. Then I noticed its legs were not black and it had that reddish tint on the front. The back of it has the greenish tinted black of my australorp. So it may be a mixed breed of some kind. I just don't know alot about the different breeds.

I'll take a guess too.

1. white orpington (looks like pinkish white legs) If the legs are yellow, then white rock
2. black sex link
3. production red (red is not deep enough for pure RIR)
4. EE? (is that a pea comb...its tough to see in the pic?)

Jody

the second one looks like my Rosie which is a Black Star..they have that beautiful redish orange neck.. (Black Sex Link) and the third is definitely a production RIR.. I have 3 and that one is just like mine..

I had no idea there even were a white orphington. I will take a close look at the legs. Some of their legs look real thick to me. Is this an indication of age? I was just wondering. They are all supposed to be about a year old. But I don't have any idea on how to tell the age of a chicken. 5 of them are laying now. At least I am now getting 5 eggs a day. So I think they are getting over there moving stress and settling in nicely.

I'll take a stab at it.
tongue.png

1. White Rock -the legs are washed out because they're currently laying- that causes them to loose the yellow pigment.

2.Black Sex-Link

3. Rhode Island Red

4. EE

Back
Top Bottom