What am I??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by summerb76, Sep 2, 2008.

1. summerb76

summerb76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    Lake Como, Florida
    I thought this was a black star but the legs are not yellow. They are more blackish grey. Also it is getting so much copper/gold on. Any quesses? She is from MM Hatchery.

[​IMG]

2. BantyHugger

BantyHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    The pic is really small, but i'm gonna go with the classic guess...EE [​IMG]

3. fancyfowl4ever

fancyfowl4ever Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Cranbrook, BC, Canada
    Looks like how all of my black stars always looked. I have never seen a blackstar with yellow legs before, mine always had black/grey legs. I even had a blackstar hen that was almost completely red, she looked awesome, every feather with red edge, then black and then red in the center.

4. summerb76

summerb76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    Lake Como, Florida
    I'm pretty sure its not an EE. My 4 EEs all have green legs. Also this one has a straight comb not a pea comb like the EEs.

I hope its a black star. I had no idea they could have so much red/brown in them. Thx for the input.

5. Peaguy

Peaguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    May,Texas
    Bantyhugger Pic was posted in thumbnail format, You can click on it to enlarge it.
    I am not good at figuring out the babies so I won't even try a guess! Very nice colors coming in though!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by