What am I?

knownothingaboutchickens

Hatching
11 Years
Aug 11, 2008
Hi guys, well I'm back again.
big_smile.png
My chookies are quiet settled in now, I kept them in their coop for about a week and then left the door open for them and they have made themselves right at home in and around our yard. Only 2 of them stopped laying and that was only for a few days, but they are all laying now and I get three fresh eggs every day. And as I suspected, I am the one who has become most attached to them, we have great conversations, me and my chooks. Who by the way are now known as Curl, Cortex and Pokey. Yes I know, you shouldn't tell a 4 and 7 year old they can name them what ever they like.
tongue.png

Any way they love gardening with me, it is amazing how many worms and grubs one little chicken can eat and if I'm not careful a finger or two.
smile.png
They are great fun to have, I never thought I would own chickens and yes, now I want more. Any way, I'm going to try and post a picture and if someone can tell me what kind of chikens I own, that would be great. If you need another photo let me know.
Thanks, Bobbi.

That's Curl on the left, Pokey in the middle and Cortex on the right. As you can tell, Pokey loves having her photo taken.
tongue.png

P1000590.jpg

They look like a hybrid. They look like a red sex linked cross. They should have yellow shanks and feet but in the picture they appear to have white shanks and feet.

Tim

Pehaps they're a homemade sex link. Would a Buff Orp sire pass on his white legs?

Ok looking at my Buff's kids- his offspring with a Gold Sex Link both have yellow legs, but his offspring with an EE/RIR started off with a wierd greeny brown but have matured to white, that's a little odd.
hu.gif

Yellow legs do bleach out with laying but usually you can see a trace of yellow on the top of the foot.

Whatever they are they're certainly darlings and I'm so glad you're enjoying them. It's amazing how wonderful chickens are as pets isn't it?
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom