What An Egg!!!such A Small Hen! Pics

Quote:
I candled the egg, and there was only one yolk, unless they are combined. It looked kind of bumpy, almost like the pictures of a roosters sperm cluster, but I am only a rookie. The shell was, from what I hear, beautiful! It was really porous looking.

Quote:
Naw, I don't want that much white w/my yolk! I am going to put it in the incubator.

Quote:
Naw, I don't want that much white w/my yolk! I am going to put it in the incubator.

It was that old 80's 0r 90's song..... j/kidding around
wink.png

Quote:
Wow, they were really crammed in there! That was more intense than I thought it would be.

Yeah but they both survived...so sweet! You will probably have to help if it's twins, but you said one yolk though
sad.png
I hope you're wrong
big_smile.png
just because it's so rare to have twins and they're so adorable!!

Quote:
It's not that rare to get the double yolks, happens pretty often when the pullets are first getting started. It is VERY rare to have a good outcome when trying to incubate them though. Most of the time at least one doesn't make it. Often they're early quiters, but I've seen a lot of threads where they make it up to hatch, but the one on the pointy end isn't able to get any air, they can't get enough leverage and are unable to make it out, or they bleed to death when being helped out of the shell.

I followed that thread too and watched the video. It was incredibly cute and the "twins" were adorable, but still fraternal twins just like if they were from seperate eggs. Anyhow, the chances of a good outcome are pretty remote so I don't think it's a good idea to try to incubate double yolkers. For me it comes down to just because I can doesn't always mean I should.

My .02
hide.gif

Congrats on the big egg. If you've got a single in there I bet it will be a HUGE chick. Please update with how the incubation goes. I love incubation threads.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom