what are ee's?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jed2012, Oct 20, 2012.

1. jed2012

jed2012 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2012
    West Valley City, Utah
    i was wondering if ameraucanas and ee's are the same thing. anybody know?

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    ameracanas can be showen and breed true to color ees dont

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  3. BackyardAnita

BackyardAnita Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2012
    ee's are easter eggers

4. TallChickMagnet

TallChickMagnet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2012
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    Ameraucanas are pure bread (AKA: True Breed) that lays colored eggs (blue, gree, olive, etc). While Easter Eggers are a mix breed that also lays colored eggs. Unless you're a breed snob it doesn't matter to me as long as I get the colored eggs. I have four EE's, green, blue, pink, and light tan eggs...

5. jed2012

jed2012 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2012
    West Valley City, Utah
    this may seem like im a jerk, but i only like to get breeds that go broody...

6. dretd

dretd Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Ft Collins, CO
    Not sure why this would make you jerk-ish, a lot of folks like broodies. I have not reaised any true Ameraucanas so I can't comment on their broodiness What I will say is that although some breeds are known for going broody with regularity (Buff Orpingtons, Silkies, Cochins, Game) individuals within a breed will go broody or not. I have a Speckled Sussex that goes broody every August. I have a Welsummer that went broody at 1 year and did an outstanding job raising her clutch--Welsummers are not know for going broody and I have heard they make terrible mothers, so go figure.

Are you interested if Ameraucanas go broody or are you soliciting advice about which breeds to get based on their likihood of going broody?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by