What are my beauties? Hens or Roos

roseschickies

Songster
8 Years
Oct 25, 2012
Horsham, Pa
Please see the pic below. I think I have all Roos! :( and I can't have Roos, so I will need to exchange them if that is the case! Even though i would be sad to get rid of any of them at this point..
Thanks for any help
!
Tully was curious, and got in this pic as well! lol

Name is Styx, I believe is a Cochin, Gender?

My Pretty Silkie, Name is Fluffy, Not Sure Gender

Name, Tully, Plymouth Rock, Not Sure Gender

How old are they? Tully is definitely a roo, the gender of the two white chicks would depend on aga and I haven't a clue with your silkie cos I am rubbish with them.

How old are they? Tully is definitely a roo, the gender of the two white chicks would depend on aga and I haven't a clue with your silkie cos I am rubbish with them.

I have just realised your two white chicks are actually one! Sorry! Also the aga was a typo, I meant age. I am not having a good night! Lol

Ha! yes I have 2 picks of Styx, and 2 Picks of Fluffy. I was trying to get a good pic, they just didn't want to hold still! :) again they are about 11 weeks old. :)

If they are that age and going on comb alone then I would think the white one looks like a pullet, however having said that the tail is quite sparse which is more like a roo trait. I would still guess at pullet tho. Tully is without doubt a boy and I am sure somebody more knowledgable will be along soon to give you some info on your silkie. Best of luck, it's soul destroying when you gt Roos when hoping for pullets x

Thank you! I have been looking around online to see if I could figure it out. This is tricky stuff! I also posted a couple weeks ago asking about my Polish, which is no doubt a rooster! so I am down 2 of the 5 I picked up. And i am getting a feeling the Silkie is a Roo as well. But I am no expert as this is my 1st experience with having chickens, and I will say I really enjoy having them!

Does anyone have any feedback on having a Roos vocals cut? Is that an option or something people do?

Back
Top Bottom