What are my chances? Were eggs too cold?

sgray136

Crowing
16 Years
May 11, 2007
Huntertown, Indiana
I live in Northern Indiana where the temps have been quite cold. (17degrees) My wife collected nine eggs from the coop so I know that at least four to five were more than a day old. I put the eggs in a basket for a day stored in the garage with enough heat to bring the temp up to 50 degrees and then brought them into the house for another eight hours before I put them into the incubator.

What are my chances that any of these eggs will be good for hatching?

Now I dont know much but from other posts I have heard that you can hatch. I dont know what the percentage is though.
smile.png

Hi, I live in Montana where it gets quite cold in the winter as well! I had a duck laying in Feb a year ago and she had 11 in her nest when she was killed by a fox. I hurry up and collected the eggs (but we found her in the morning so who knows how long the eggs had been sitting in the cold.) I called my daughters school and told them to turn the incubator on and brought them up there. We didn't let them warm or anything. The bator slowly heated up any way. Anyway, long story short we had 4 of the 11 hatch. Some had actually developed (only 1-2 that didn't do anything) but didn't make it. HOpe this helps.

Back
Top Bottom