What are replacement chickens?

ChickenDude12345

Songster
Jun 16, 2021
Northern NH
So I just went away for a week on vacation and I was feeding my chickens starter feed. They are almost 7 weeks now. My pet sitter had to buy a new bag of food and he got the multi flock bag. Is that okay to feed to them? The bag says that it is meant for replacement chicken 0 to 8 weeks old and it is crumble food. What should I do? He also suddenly change the food from the starter to this so I don’t know if that could be bad for them? Any help is much appreciated.

My pet sitter had to buy a new bag of food and he got the multi flock bag. Is that okay to feed to them? The bag says that it is meant for replacement chicken 0 to 8 weeks old and it is crumble food.
Sounds good to me.
Check the label, if its 18 to 22% Protein, and Calcium is between 0.7 and 1.3% your good to feed, although I never feed above 20% to chicks/chickens.
Your chicks are 7 weeks old and I wouldn't hesitate to feed 22%, just get a 18/20% feed when bag is empty. GC

Sounds good to me.
Check the label, if its 18 to 22% Protein, and Calcium is between 0.7 and 1.3% your good to feed, although I never feed above 20% to chicks/chickens.
Your chicks are 7 weeks old and I wouldn't hesitate to feed 22%, just get a 18/20% feed when bag is empty. GC
The protein is 22% and the calcium is .8%. It says it is a starter for egg laying chickens. I will probably feed this to them for the next week and then go to a grower food when they are 8 weeks old

Back
Top Bottom