What are some chicken breeds you wish that you have, but you don’t yet?

Pics
I really want a white chicken for some reason. I have had my eye on Delawares, White Plymouth Rocks, and White Jersey Giants.

What white chicken breeds do you guys recommend? I like breeds that are generally docile and cold-tolerant.

I also would love to have a colored egg layer like an Easter Egger or a Cream Legbar. One of my pullets I am raising right now could possibly be an Olive Egger, which would be great! But she could also be an Australorp so that means brown eggs. We shall see!

I really want a white chicken for some reason. I have had my eye on Delawares, White Plymouth Rocks, and White Jersey Giants.

What white chicken breeds do you guys recommend? I like breeds that are generally docile and cold-tolerant.

I also would love to have a colored egg layer like an Easter Egger or a Cream Legbar. One of my pullets I am raising right now could possibly be an Olive Egger, which would be great! But she could also be an Australorp so that means brown eggs. We shall see!
I have a light Brahma, and she’s sweet as can be!

I LOVE my white Cornish Bantams.
20220916_141200.jpg

Just looked up the breed and it seems really nice! And I think I've even seen these being sold at my local TSC. They look similar to the Delawares. Definitely an option!

Gorgeous bird! Can these do well in a mixed flock with standard sized breeds? Do they lay a decent amount of eggs?
So (too) many eggs. They go broody though a bit (mine at least, all but one did it at least once this year), so that helps bring the number to a reasonable amount.

Mr. Zoom Zoom (the one I posted) did okay on his own with bigger birds and males. I would assume that they would be okay, but they might have a hard time with larger males if they're super heavy

I ordered eggs from Foxfire farms to give myself the hens/roosters I don't currently have.
13isb.PNG

Top row Blue Isbars, (I mentioned I really wanted that breed.)tan egg P- is pita pinta, White egg GL is golden deathlayer, green egg M- is Mosaic, Dark brown is BCM and Birchen Maran, H-hedemora, blue eggs CL- cream legbar, tan egg AC, ACR, and the slash are all Ayam cemani.

I'm about where I want yo be with my birds, but I'd love a Salmon Faverolle, a Fayoumi, and a Speckled Sussex. And maybe some bantam Cochin. And a Marans or any sort. Nothing too crazy.

Oh - woolly Hedemora. That's a lil crazy.

Back
Top Bottom