What are some chicken breeds you wish that you have, but you don’t yet?

I have a lot, but I can't memorize all of my list, so I will just put down the ones I can remember the most!

1. Serama. They look weird but in a cute way! It's definitely unique. I like the fact that they are the smallest breed, so you don't have to have as much room for them and they don't take up as much feed. From what I hear, their temperaments are pretty friendly, even for the cocks. Even if they were abnormally aggressive, I doubt they could do much damage with being so small. 🤣

2. Asil. I know this is a big difference from the Serama, but I also like them. Again, they're also a breed that is unique to me. Asil look like some kind of prehistoric chicken! I think the only thing to not like about them is their aggression towards other birds, being bred for cockfighting.

3. Old English Game. These chickens are beautiful, in my opinion, and I hear are excellent foragers. One thing that I find great about them is that they can basically take care of their own needs, because of their close ancestry to the Junglefowl. I think this is important in a durable chicken breed!

4. Crested Cream Legbar. I already have one (the pullet shown in my avatar), but I want more! The only issue is ... I want more that have the same temperament as the one I already have. I just love how she acts. She is a bantam Cream Legbar named Hazel, and I like to say she is tiny but mighty. She has survived the illnesses that have come into our flocks, and she is a great forager. I think all Hazel thinks about is foraging, actually! The only scary thing is that she doesn't mind what's going on around her, she's just off in her own world. She's definitely sweet, though! Hazel won't care if a human picks her up, and wants attention.

I don't have a sultan exactly, but I do have a white polish mix with feathered legs and cheek muffs. 2 actually, and they keep themselves pretty clean. But they're also not as delicate healthwise as I've heard sultans are

I want Isbars...Below was one of my hens and her egg.
bi.PNG

bia.PNG

Back
Top Bottom