What are some crafts I can do with feathers from my girls?

1640823263800.png

Do you have something you like to do with feathers from your flock? Please share! My girls loose so many beautiful feathers and every year and they all just blow away or rot! I’ve made earrings once and a feather duster too but I’d love to hear from everyone on BYC!
If you're still interested I make feather earrings. So, if you'd ever want some earrings from feathers off a special bird you could pm me.😊

DD's Prom theme was "masquerade" so I made feather accessories:
I even made feather flower picks to slide into corsage and made her date's boutonniere.
Easiest way to dye feathers is food coloring. I used royal blue to get the bright color.

Wash with Dawn, rinse well, add food coloring boiling water and a little vinegar, and then let it soak. Longer soak = more vibrant / less = pastel. I take out a couple out to blow dry and test shade. Sometimes I may add more dye or time. Rinse feathers in mesh colander and place on paper towel to dry for about a day. They will fluff back up. Can blow dry if you're in hurry.

IMG_7318 (2).JPG
IMG_7366.JPG

A Feather ear cuff (Love this idea )
Do you have something you like to do with feathers from your flock? Please share! My girls loose so many beautiful feathers and every year and they all just blow away or rot! I’ve made earrings once and a feather duster too but I’d love to hear from everyone on BYC!
il_fullxfull.2068102473_ivh7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom