What are some tips on hatching eggs?

Cwat2006

Songster
Apr 2, 2020
I’m new to hatching out eggs and was wondering if you guys would help me with it just by telling me what I need to know about hatching eggs

I’m new to hatching out eggs and was wondering if you guys would help me with it just by telling me what I need to know about hatching eggs
My first hard lesson about incubating eggs:double and triple check temperature and humidity in your incubator with a calibrated thermometer. Second lesson: is to leave eggs longer if possible you could hatch a late baby! I did😷

What kind of eggs are you hatching?
Chickens (21 days) and Quail (18 days) are 30-35% humidity, 99.7 degrees. (Alot of people say 99.5 but incubators rarely hold right at that temperature so sometimes it would be under the recommended, so I stick with 99.7)
You should incubate in a temperature controlled room that doesn't have wild temp changes.

Stop turning 3-4 days before hatch day. Up the humidity to 60-70%. You can lower the temperature by a degree. (I haven't noticed any problem not doing this with chicken or quail.)
If you are talking about Peafowl or Turkey eggs, then all this info is completely different, so it matters what eggs you are setting. ;)

Back
Top Bottom