What Are Squirrels Like?

Well, they taste good and they are fun to hunt. I like fox squirrels the best, they are big and fat.
lol.png

I live in a desert-like climate and ours live on the ground. They dig holes everywhere and do a lot of damage depending on where they're digging. They also like to chew things. Ours will also eat eggs and ground nesting baby birds, but not that often. And, I've seen them eating snails, too. But, they're so cute!

They are funny and smart and very cute. Curious and amazingly persistent at solving problems.

Two year olds with very sharp teeth and claws!! Yeah, that's about it.
lol.png

They are adorable and aggravating. Delightful and destructive.

In the city where we used to live they ruled. And they did alot of damage to our roof! One even got into the house once! What a mess that was!!

Out here, there are lots of predators lots less squirrels and they are more cautious. Our dog loves to tree them and chase along the tree line with the squirrel jumping from tree to tree 49 feet in the air and the dog jumping futiley below!
lol.png

My ex HATES squirrels, I mean irrationally so. He would always threaten to poison them!
somad.gif
If I saw some in the yard I would have to chase them off or else he would see them and go back into the threats, which really stressed me out. I am SO happy now that I live alone, and every time I see a squirrel hopping around my yard I smile.

Great with biscuits, in a gravy. They are annoying only when you are sitting quietly in a hunting blind, waiting for deer. Then they set about announcing to the world, "There is a large man with a loaded shotgun over here looking for a deer to shoot!!!" All in squirrel language, of course. Which deer understand, I believe.

Quote:
gig.gif
lau.gif

So! Does all of the above answer your question?!
lol.png

They're loved, they're hated.
They're hilarious, they're destructive.
They're pets, they're game.
They chatter, scold and screech; I've even heard them shriek like a little girl.
hu.gif

It used to be the favorite part of my early mornings, sitting on my back deck with my coffee in S. Carolina, watching them chase each other thru the trees and trying to foil the anti-squirrel bird feeders. Around here, tho', they damage the orchard fruit and destroy crops, soooo...

Come on across the big pond for a visit! Decide for yourself!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
I've had greys as pets too...
love.gif
I love the fancy tailed tree rats... here in Texas we have several reds that will come over for peanuts and sunflower seeds.. and they love to fuss at me if I am feeding the chickens and mini equines and haven't brought out their treats yet
We've also had flying squirrels as pets.. extra cuteness in little furry bodies

I like squirrels. They are busy, active and cute. They are a rodent that can become friendly when fed, and will sit in a bird feeder, eating all the food, looking adorable. They have a very annoying predator alert where they scold, chatter, and shake their tails. They play chase, make large (basketball sized) leaf nests in trees, and are found all over North America. They are also quite clever and can get into bird feeders and other places. People in the US who regularly feed birds have tried every "squirrel proof" gadget ever invented. None of them work. I used to feed birds on the windowsill of my 4th floor dorm room. One day there was a huge squirrel sitting on the sill, eating food. There was a fifty foot lawn between the dorm and the nearest trees. The squirrel had seen the birds flying to my window, crossed the lawn, and climbed the building to investigate.

This cleverness means they get into houses, and can make a real problem. They also devastate bird feeders, and nest in inappropriate places. I think they taste nasty, but each to his own.

I love this first video.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/942225/

Back
Top Bottom