what are the best brody hens

bruder, your too much, a bowling ball.
lau.gif
yuckyuck.gif

JustAChickenLittle&More :

bruder, your too much, a bowling ball.
lau.gif
yuckyuck.gif

yep so be carefull when they get off the nest to eat, they may find a rock to set on ,and not return to her nest.......
lol.png

Quote:
I don't have experience with those, but I have heard they are good broodies. But silkies top them all.

Well Trouble I had with silkies , they don't always return to the right nest, so eggs get cold....but they are setting machines, easy to work with also'

Still think nothing can beat gamehens. trouble with gamehens, you can't be worried about a few pecking marks on your hands...
lol.png

My gamehens will keep setting for months and months if nothing hatch, reason I use them to incubate eggs, any type ,peafowl,turkey,duck,geese, and etc. With my peafowl eggs they are set under broodies the first week,then in the incubators, so they set thru the peafowl breeding season , then hatch out a clutch of game chicks at the end.

Is there any particular gamefowl breed recommended for setting, or they are all about equally good as broodies?

I have one black australorp (about 10 months) and one of last year's ameraucanas that had zero interest until Tinsel the australsrp sat down and now she is intense. I put 10 fertile eggs under each yesterday. We shall see....

I have one black australorp (about 10 months) and one of last year's ameraucanas that had zero interest until Tinsel the australsrp sat down and now she is intense. I put 10 fertile eggs under each yesterday. We shall see....
I meant ton say out of 13...

my BA went Broody and hatched 7 chicks and i have heard that BA r known to go brooy here is a list of chickens that go broody
buff orpingtons
black astrolaurp
wyandotte
aracauna
marans

OK Tinsel is ready to go again. She was such a good mama last time. She is a standard black australorp. I ordered 12 bantam silie eggs for her, and 16 came. She's in her dog crate like the Queen of sheba with tomatoes and other delicious chickie boom snacks...

Back
Top Bottom