What are the difference between Jumbo pharoah, Italian, and A&M?

KCGrave

Hatching
Oct 4, 2015
I just want to know some base information.

What are the difference between them Jumbo Pharoah, Italian, A&M?

Their size.....

Agreed, color of feathers and the Jumbos are supposed to be larger birds but there are lots of fakes out there. I believe most regular quail get to 6-8 oz where as Jumbos get closer to 14oz if fed properly. I believe the Jumbos also tend to lay larger eggs.

Simon

Jumbo pharaoh and and A&m are the same bird genetically just the A&M has two copies of the recessive white gene. Italians are bred by crossing a golden manchurian and a pharaoh colored bird. They cannot typically be bred larger 12-13 ounces whereas jumbos can 16-17 ounces. Jumbos should also lay eggs that are 14-17 grams

Jumbo pharaoh and and A&m are the same bird genetically just the A&M has two copies of the recessive white gene. Italians are bred by crossing a golden manchurian and a pharaoh colored bird. They cannot typically be bred larger 12-13 ounces whereas jumbos can 16-17 ounces. Jumbos should also lay eggs that are 14-17 grams[/quote

James Marie Farm is a great place for quail eggs. You may have to wait a bit to get your eggs, Robbie is a really busy guy, but he has top notch genetics in his birds.
Simon

You will not be disappointed with the birds. Just make sure you have something like Purina Game Bird Startena crumbles, 30% protein food or else the birds will not reach their genetic potential. Please keep us updated on the progress of your birds once they hatch. I have the Brinsea incubator and got above 50% hatch rate from my shipped eggs. I believe 50% is pretty good good for shipped eggs.

Simon

Back
Top Bottom