What are the odds of this happening?

I got 23 sexed pullets from McMurray, a hatchery that says in their catalog "we have professional sexers that come to the hatchery on hatch day, sex the birds, and we guarantee their work" and claims to have a "...90% accuracy rate on all sexed poultry," 11 of the 23 sexed pullets are COCKERELS! I was just wondering what the chances of that is with a 90% accuracy rate. I am extremely mad that I paid extra money for a ton of pullets and basically just got a straight run batch of chicks. Honestly, I could have gotten more pullets if I asked for straight run!View attachment 1439566 The hatchery says they guarantee 90% so I will be refunded but I was just wondering what the odds are of getting 11/23 roosters when the chance of getting a rooster is 10%. Also, I could definitely still have more roosters, these 11 just showed very early development, they are only around 7 weeks old.
well it is a very SUCKY set of odds! and it isn't just the money...what do you do with 11 roosters! i would be in serious trouble! its bad enough i just hatched 6 and have 4 roosters! its a challenge to place them but 11!!!!!! what will you do with them?

Well I will honestly just eat most of them, the only ones I was thinking of keeping was a GC and a WLRC. If anyone here wants to come grab one on cull day then you are welcome to.

I just watched their pod cast or whatever you call it on their blog page where the manager was giving a tour on hatch day. Prolly was those kids running all over the hatchery picking up random birds that messed you up. I also found it interesting near the end where somebody online obviously asked what happens to the unsold chicks and things got kinda "awkward".

Back
Top Bottom