1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What are the odds that my eggs will be alright?!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Godiva, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Godiva

Godiva Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    I have had my eggs in a partially functioning incubator since Monday morning 10 am. [​IMG] Do you think these eggs are going to have a chance at making it? The temps have been low almost all the time with occasional moments of being relatively warm. DO you think that with it being cool rather than hot they may be fine?

2. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Since hens don't always set consistently in the beginning, I think I'd go ahead and give them a shot! Don't give up hope! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. twigg

twigg Cooped up

Mar 2, 2008
    Tulsa
    Quote:That's about 2 days.

The odds are that they will have started to develop then died.

On the other hand, if the incubator was partially operating very close to the right temp, they may well be fine.

Candling at 7 and 10 days should tell you.

4. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Yeah, I'd wait and candle them at 7 days. How low were your temps?

5. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Quote:What has the temp range been? Regardless, I would give them a chance.

6. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    They'll probably be delayed abit because of the low temperatures. I'd candle at day 10 or later, just in case.

7. Godiva

Godiva Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    The lowest was about 95 but most of the time they sat at about 97+ but less than 100 pretty much the whole time. [​IMG] Of course right now they are at 100 but there is no way to know if the stupid #%*^$ bator will stay there all night! [​IMG] I have 50 beautiful eggs in there that I have waited for and drooled over .... sigh.... guess we will just have to wait and see..... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by