Southern VA
I have 7 chicks hatched from the following color eggs:
green
blue
tan
copper
medium brown
white

The blue/green are EEs, but the rest are all different breeds, including Maran and Polish.

I figured the Maran would make a black chick, but to have SIX black chicks and 1 grey??? Where is the yellow and brown chick?? The eggs are not all from the same farm, even.
idunno.gif

I have no idea where you are coming from. Egg shell color has no bearing whatsoever on chick down color, or mature chicken color or pattern. Is this what you mean?

Well I dont have a clue most Polish eggs are white.. Depends on the parents to the color. The Polish usually have a bump on thier head... That is all I have experence for..

the tan could also be an EE which could give you a black chick. Of my 4 EE's 2 were black, one was grey (she is white now) and one was brown w/black & white stripes and now she is black and white with a white head, she looks like an eagle. They are all my sweetest girls. My EE's lay blue, green and lite tan eggs.

All the other eggs?... I don't have a clue.
smile.png

Last edited:
Nothing is "pue bred" and i don't mind at all what they all or look like. I was just really surprised to get a dozen different eggs, from different breeds and different farms and yet they all came out black chicks. Just thought that was odd...
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom