What are these little guys?

Marjie

Hatching
7 Years
Nov 20, 2012
Hello backyard chicken raisers! I have been lurking the site for a few weeks and decided to join. I am new to the chicken world. We had chickens and such when I was a kid but my parents did most of the care. I am the proud owner of chickens of my own now and my kiddos love them.
smile.png
I have a mix of full size chickens and bantams but could use some help identifying their breed if someone can help. I have looked at charts but am as confused as ever.
Thanks,
Marjie

Leigha gold and black hen and Padme black and white hen

Elvis big black rooster, Fluffy full size chicken and Kitkat and Pebbles little banty hens

Bam Bam black Banty rooster

Fluffy is a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte looks to be a Roo. and Padme looks like a Silver Laced wyandotte. Leigha might be a gold laced Wyndotte or a black version of the BLRW.

Last edited:
Thank you
smile.png
Anyone have a guess as to how old they might be? I am learning alot of from this forum. Thanks for the information

Elvis is a white faced black spanish, Fluffy is a blue laced wyandotte and a roo the top two look to be a sliver laced and the black version of a blue laced red wyandotte and at the moment look like pullets.

What we mean by black version of blue laced red wyandotte is that when blue is bred to blue you get blue, black, or splash babies. When blue is bred to black you get blue and black babies.

top pic--silver laced wyandotte, probably a pullet but I'm not 100% sure. The second bird I don't think is laced, I think it's colored like an easter egger or something else mixed. Appears to be a young pullet.
Second pic--white faced spanish roo, blue laced wyandotte cockerel, mixed breed bantam hen and the bantam with the red splotches looks to be a roo, better pics would help but that's roo coloring.
Bottom pic--mixed breed bantam roo? Bantams really aren't my thing
wink.png

Could we get a shot of the front of Leigha and the color of the legs. Does she have lacing on the feather on her chest?( it looks like she does) I raise wyandottes and you can get birds that don't have lacing on the back feathers or very thick lacing on those feathers that sometime they grow out of and some times not.

Back
Top Bottom