What are these, pics in post 11

dragonchick

Crowing
15 Years
Sep 30, 2007
Yesterday I picked up 4 hens but the guy wasn't sure what they were. The only thing he could tell me was they have gold in the name and they lay large WHITE eggs. All the "gold" breeds I have found lay brown eggs. Anyone know what these hens are. I will post some pictures as soon as I can.

Last edited:
chickpics046.jpg

golden lakenvelders lay white to off white eggs ( black and gold bird)

Quote:
I think you got this one right. The head and feathers look the same but the body on mine is a little darker. They are very pretty birds who will hopefully lay well.

It took me years to figure it out as any one asnd everything I read said sliver only. But I came across one website that said you got a 20% chance to get golden. I just can't find a roo!!
barnie.gif
I might have to do eggs, seen some on here.

If they are bantams than they are vorkwicks (spelling) look like a golden lakenvelder just a lill redder from the pics I've seen and bantam sized. Don't know the color of eggs for them.

Well one of them laid an egg today. I guess I gotta show the silly girls where the nest boxes are. This one was laid in the grass.

I really like these girls. They are somewhat friendly and come running when you get near the pen. I promise to post pictures as soon as I can.

Back
Top Bottom