What are these? Sex and breed?

CindyBB

In the Brooder
Jul 8, 2019
Huntington Beach, California
Hi All,
This is my first post. I wanted to include a lot of photos in hopes that it will help. We have two chickens that were born May 14 or 15 as a school project. My son brought these home and we have no idea of breed or sex. They are coming up on 11 weeks old. At some point early on Chicken A, the all-black one, grew WAY BIGGER than Chicken B, the one with the white and black hackle feathers. As chicks they were both mostly all black with a little bit of white. I know it's horrible that they haven't been named. We have various nick-names but I didn't want to name them and have them fully become family members because they may have to be rehomed if one or both are roosters. I have a wonderful lady that will take them if either or both are roosters. YAY.

Any educated guesses?
A1.jpg
A2.jpg
A6.jpg
B5.jpg
B4.jpg
B3.jpg
B2.jpg
B1.jpg

Attachments

• A5.jpg
    A5.jpg
    978.6 KB · Views: 2
  • A4.jpg
    A4.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2
  • A3.jpg
    A3.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
has a bigger and darker comb, might be roo, post a better pic of both chicks with them together (visible of both heads) A looks more of pullet, possible both pullets but just my opinion.

These are a few more of Chicken A ... Getting them in a shot together clearly, is going to be tough work but I will try tomorrow.
A5.jpg
A4.jpg

Attachments

• A1.jpg
    A1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2
  • A6.jpg
    A6.jpg
    1,021.5 KB · Views: 2
  • A3.jpg
    A3.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1
  • A2.jpg
    A2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1
What about foot size? Chicken A has big ass legs and feet...Chicken B is more dainty footed.
Well, my female ducks feet are just as big as my drakes so telling them that way wasn't much help.. you might be right though and they might both be pullets, they might not. but im thinking roo and pullet

Back
Top Bottom