What are these???

maridybear

Chirping
5 Years
Jan 7, 2015
Part of our recently inherited flock included these two. They look to be the same breed, just different colors. I can't figure out how to even do a search to start looking. I have narrowed their age down to 15-19 weeks.

I can't see the comb on the top one very well. My guess on the bottom one is easter egger, since it looks like she has green legs. The top one could be a black easter egger or an Australorp or something else.

I can't see the comb on the top one very well.  My guess on the bottom one is easter egger, since it looks like she has green legs.  The top one could be a black easter egger or an Australorp or something else.

Oooo, an EE would be fun!

And there really isn't a comb on either of these little ones.

Last edited:
I also think the black is an Australian Orpington cross and the silver is imo a Silver Orpington cross.

I don't think EE, given there is no beard yet on either of these two. Which is typical to the breed.

Love the colors

[/IMG]

Last edited:
Really hard to know without any background on them.

I doubt they are the same breed, and I think both are mixed breeds.

Easter Egger isn't a breed, it is a mix of Ameraucana and any other breed that typically produces birds with pea combs, green legs, muff and beard....but that is only if the Ameraucana blood was from a parent (not a grand parent).

Your blue colored bird could have some EE in her because of the green legs, and the beard and muff doesn't always carry forward after the first generation. (An EE bred to other breeds won't carry forward a lot of the EE characteristics, which is why EE is not a breed...you can't breed two EE's and get a standard bird).

What comb types do they have?

(The one looks like it might be pea comb, but it is really hard to see in the photo).

That can give clue.

But it will be hard to know without some better background, which you probably don't have.

LofMc

I think the black is a cochin hen- with that build

The OP's black bird is the bird in the top photo behind the post..no feathered feet...not a Cochin.

another poster posted a Cochin (calling it an Australian Orpington) stating she thought the OP's looked like that, however, there are some real differences....and the OP's bird is hard to see behind the post.

LofMc

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom