What ARE these??

arundel

In the Brooder
Aug 22, 2021
I found these things close together under the roost this morning along with the expected poop. They came from one of my 4 RIRs, but I don't know which one frequents the end spot where these were found. The chicks were born last spring and are not molting, though only 3 of them have continued laying daily.

Can this be from the one who is not laying? Can it be a yolk that made its way through without all the other additions? It is softly rubbery with a more mushy interior. I hope the pictures show them well. One of my hens (again, don't know which one) used to lay double yolkers every once in a while (I think had 5 of them over the summer months) - so this double deposit reminds me of that, too.

Anyone seen anything like this and have figured them out?

\
1638211432311.png
1638211402313.png
1638211288972.png
1638211340273.png

(My computer doesn't talk coherently to my camera anymore so I could not use the attach feature but had to copy/paste, but pasting duplicated the photos)

ok though in the reading I've done about lash eggs, they all seem to come out larger and more egg shaped.
As I don't know which hen laid these, do you think it is ok to give antibiotics to all 4?

Back
Top Bottom