What are they called?

Rosaleen

Songster
8 Years
May 18, 2011
Danville, Vermont
I have seen on several posts where coops were built using preformed footings for the 4 x 4 to sit on, (no concrete). I don't know what they are called but I am interested in purchasing some for a porch we are going to build. If anyone here in BYC land has used these, please let me know what they are called and where I can purchase them. T;hank you.

I bought some of these at Lowe's they are made for supporting decks. They are also available at Home Depot. They are either in the lumber area near where they have concrete mix. If you don't have Lowe's or Home Depot they probably have them where you would purchase cement blocks.

Last edited:
I have seen on several posts where coops were built using preformed footings for the 4 x 4 to sit on, (no concrete). I don't know what they are called but I am interested in purchasing some for a porch we are going to build. If anyone here in BYC land has used these, please let me know what they are called and where I can purchase them. T;hank you.
They're called Hi-Chair footing blocks and are available at any building supply store.

Back
Top Bottom