What Are They?! Please Help

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bkreugar, Apr 23, 2011.

1. bkreugar

bkreugar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Asheboro NC
    My daughter picked a pair of these gorgeous chickens up and we have NO clue what they are, any clue?? They are about 3 weeks old if not older, clean legged, the rooster had a normal comb. They were in the assorted bantam bin and were white with black hour glass type markings on there back, she wanted to get all six, have i know they were going to turn out like this we would have. She picked up a pair so hopefully they'll breed. The female is VERY calm and friendly, the male is a little skittish but also friendly, well any thoughts???[​IMG]

We have been going INSANE trying to figure it out (now watch us go "DUHH") Lol

2. orientphoenix

orientphoenix Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    looks like mottled japanese

Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  3. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Yep, a very cute pair of mottled Japanese. [​IMG]

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:Wow... Pretty.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  5. bkreugar

bkreugar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Asheboro NC
    Yes I know they ARE pretty. There were 6 of these in the bin but we bought some other stuff too... so I told her only 6 of the bantoms so she put 2 others back... boy if id only known.

I was thinking silver spangled... nope not right
    mottled d'uccles.... nope not right
    DANG what are these???

Really happy with their coloring AND their tempermant, and this whatever it was/is... was not even on my radar as something I wanted!

Thank you

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by