What are we? #2

Chickfever

Songster
12 Years
Jul 22, 2007
Southwest VA
These are my original 7. I think the roo is a brown leghorn....5 of the hens black sex link and the other one....I thought it was a red sex link....not sure now. Maybe a RIR?
100_1119.jpg

I have no idea. This is the roo that keeps standing up to the one above
smile.png
. I have a side view of him too if that would help.
100_1127.jpg

Here is the pullet that goes with the above roo. Any idea?
100_1115.jpg

This little lady was so cute out there. She was right at my shoulder and was watching me take everyone's pic. She even looked at the display in the camera when I got close enough
smile.png
. She is one of those that could be any combination of barred rock, RIR, &/or BO. What is she?
100_1128.jpg

Last edited:
The one you think is a RIR looksl like production red/ hatchery RIR. And as for the rest...Sorry don't know... They are frizzled somethings. Maybe frizzle pyle leghorns mixed with something that produces slate feet??

The first rooster is probably not a Leghorn because he has a red earlobes, but I'm not sure what he is- other than handsome.
wink.png

The frizzle looks like it may be a Polish/Leghorn?

The pullet in the last pic looks like an itty bitty Buff Orp. I have Buff Orp/RIR mixes and they show a lot more red.

Where did you get them?
smile.png

I thought that after I posted she was a RIR she might be a production red. Those original 7 were bought from someone who bought them from someone who bought them from the 4H auction. And, my roo is my fav. He is very beautiful/handsome and pics can't do him justice. Could he be a gamey mixed bird?

As for the BO, she's only about 9 wks old....is that about the right size?

The Barred Rock, RIR, and/or BO came from one person, the white ones and fuzz balls from another. The lady who had the red/orange ones knew that they were a combination of those listed.

Back
Top Bottom