What are we (besides gurls) Are we game???

WhispersToChickens

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 17, 2010
79b01251.jpg

Appear to be mixes to me. Possibly low quality New Hampshire Reds.... would need someone more knowledgable about those to confirm that..

Agreed, too fluffy to be games.

New Hampshires (no RED in the name) have yellow legs, and honestly, if these were. . . They'd be better quality than most others from hatcheries.
smile.png

I'd say they're either Catalanas (do they have white or red earlobes?) or mutts.

I will try to get more pics....the 2 greys ALMOST strink me as dark brahman mixes, but they have the same shape as the 2 reds in the front of pic....I have a couple game hens that stay in the trees with the ponies and they are much smaller and much more fiesty/nasty and flighty than these 4, these prefer to do the roost in the shed and play nice with the other hens and roo...and they feel fat/heavy, but not as big as a true RIR. :-/ ???

Great...I have a hatchery order due in for new Hampshire REDS lmao....I think you just popped my bubble! LOL

Quote:
Catalana's have white earlobes... Are kind of leghorn in body shape, and are buff. http://feathersite.com/Poultry/CGA/Catas/BRKCatalana.html

Look
like crosses to me, the hen in front looks like someone chopped a game hens head off and pasted it onto a New Hampshire's hen body (though the coloring is light for New Hampshire's.)

-Daniel

Yeah, I was asking the OP about the earlobe color.
wink.png
I know it should be white.

And, Catalanas actually are not a true buff, but the same color as the OP's bird - a "buff" coloring with a black tail. Also, hatchery type Catalanas aren't the same as a true Catalana should be.

Back
Top Bottom