What are we really?!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by erinc, Jul 21, 2016.

1. erinc

erinc Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2016
    Louisville Ky
    We bought our flock April 30. We bought what we thought 6 pullets, females correct? Well we've just found out we've got a a rooster and I'd like to make sure he is the only one. So what are these?? They were marked Amereacaunas at the store we purchased them but the Rooster we have was also marked the same and we've found out he is an EE Cockerel.
    This is Merel[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is Henny Penny
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Easter Egger pullets. [​IMG]

~Alex

3. 0wen

0wen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2016
    Southwest Virginia
    +1

fyi 'Henny Penny' is freakishly & awkwardly awesome. Any idea of the parent breeds?

4. erinc

erinc Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2016
    Louisville Ky

They are supposed to be Ameracaunas, we bought them from this place called Rural Kings that sells baby chicks. I know nothing of their history. Unfortunately.

5. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

I've gotten chicks from RK as well, and it seems they (like most places) mislabel their Easter Eggers as true "Ameraucanas." Nonetheless, both are equally wonderful in different ways! [​IMG]

~Alex

6. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Easter egger pullet.

Her parents were Easter Eggers, as were their parents. Most hatcheries have been breeding EE flocks since the late '70s. They may infuse with Leghorn or other production blood from time to time, but there are no "parent breeds" with EE, just breeding them to each other for generations and generations.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    EE pullet

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by