What Are We? ( some gender and some breed questions)

flgardengirl

Crowing
12 Years
Dec 2, 2009
Sunny side up :)
DH brought me some bday chicks from a feed store. They are all supposed to be pullets. Also, he thought he got Silver Laced Wyandottes but now doesn't remember if he got EEs or Silver laced wyandottes LOL! He said they were next to each other in cages at the store and both chipmunky looking (to him). Anyhow, maybe you can help? Thanks.

SLWs or EE?
45258_what_r_we.jpg

These are supposed to be Barred Rock females. The two on the left have white dots on thier heads and dark coloring on the front of thier legs. he one on the right has no white dot and pink legs. (I heard the males have white dots with pink legs and the females have small or no dots with dark splash on front of legs Hmmm). What do you think girls or boys?
45258_brs.jpg

45258_br_top.jpg

These are supposed to be Rhode Island Red females. Do they look girly or too soon to tell?
45258_rirs.jpg

Middle pic, left two are BR, but the right one is not. I don't know what it is, though.

The top pic they look more like EE's than wyandotte's to me, but not positive.

No clue on the gender of the RIR's.

Quote:
I agree for the most part. The pics with the BR the middle one does look like a male coloring wise, BUT the 2nd shot shows the wing feathers coming in and they're coming in pullet fashion. So I think you've got 2 BR females, and the one one the right is not BR. Don't know what, but not BR.

Quote:
I agree for the most part. The pics with the BR the middle one does look like a male coloring wise, BUT the 2nd shot shows the wing feathers coming in and they're coming in pullet fashion. So I think you've got 2 BR females, and the one one the right is not BR. Don't know what, but not BR.

Ahhh, good eye! I was iffy on 'her' with all that black wash, but that spot swayed me. I think you're right though. I'm still guessing their friend is a Wyandotte as well.

Oh thank you. I knew I could count on great BYC'ers. Here are a few of our mystery chick. DH swears this one came out of the Barred Rock bin lol. I hope this helps. She/he is a little darker than in the photo more blackish. The flash makes her look lighter.
45258_100_8030.jpg

45258_100_8029.jpg

I think maybe gold laced wyandotte on that one and possibly the top ones, too. Definitely not SLW, though, IMO.

Sorry forgot to add that these new pics are of the one in the bunch on the right in the Barred Rock photos above, that everyone said they didn't know what it was, so I just said Mystery chick lol. Thank you a Gold Laced Wyandotte would be nice. Haven't had one of them before.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom