What are we?

Duchessk75

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 25, 2010
1.9 Acres Ohio
The hubby stopped at a farm and brought home some chicks. Of course he didnt remember what the guy told him they were. SO, any guesses? The brown one has a beautiful reddish brown patch of feathers coming in on the back of the neck and the white one is looking rooish...

The first one looks like a Campine or Hamburg, though the second one looks like a splash of something or just a breed that I'm not thinking of right now..
lol.png

I agree. The first is 100% roo (that lovely patch of feathers you refered to is a roo feature).

The second is most likely a splash roo of some sort.
The first one looks like a Campine or Hamburg, though the second one looks like a splash of something or just a breed that I'm not thinking of right now..
lol.png

Thanks! I had no idea where to even start guessing. Up until 2 weeks ago my flock was all barred rock hens...now I have 6 mystery chicks that he picked up as well as 2 blue, 1 black, and 1 wheaten maran, 2 buff orps and 4 TSC grab baggers that I picked up same day. Um....lack of communication lol On the plus side, we now have a variety :) So, I'll have to do some research on splash's and hamburgs!

Back
Top Bottom