What are we?

SunAngel

Songster
11 Years
May 20, 2008
Chambersburg, Pa.
I got these two chicks (now 5 weeks old) in a box with other chicks at an auction. I am wondering if anyone can help tell me what they are?

I thought this one was an EE, but it has slate blue/gray legs, not yellow green. I am hoping its a girl, she has a very small single comb yet.
At 3 weeks...
Pic_36Sep162008.jpg

At 5 weeks...
Pic_06Oct092008.jpg

This one, people thought she was a Black Sex Link when I first posted her pics. Curious if thats what everyone still thinks? She has dark legs with pink/white toes.
At 3 weeks...
Pic_39Sep162008.jpg

At 5 weeks...
Pic_05Oct092008.jpg

Thanks for looking
smile.png

Last edited:
Looks like a Red Sex Link and a Black Sex Link.

Our Black Sex Link is our favorite. Her name is White Toe. and now you know, the rest, of the story.

Whats making me wonder though is their leg color. All pics I find online show both red/black sex links as having yellow legs. Mine have slate blue and black legs.

If you're leaning toward EE except for the leg color, could she be an Ameracauna? They have slate legs.

I really don't know what she could be, so I can't hazard a guess. Sorry! She sure is pretty though.

Maybe they are EEs. They do have dark legs, and EEs are a cross bred with a blue/green egg layer. They usually have muffs and 'flat' combs(not sure what the comb is called), but they may lay a blue or green egg.

LoL Yep, cute they are and sweeties too
big_smile.png

Wheaten Ameraucana had crossed my mind for the first one and Marans was my only other option for the second besides BSL. Guess they could just be barnyard mixes also, I may never know lol.

Back
Top Bottom