What Are You Allergic Too?

kuntrygirl

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
11 Years
Feb 20, 2008
Opelousas, Louisiana
It's interesting to hear what other people are allergic too. What are some foods or others things that you come in contact with that set off an allergic reaction for you? What do you have to avoid?

My list includes heavy scents and perfumes. Also soaps and detergent that has dyes and perfumes.

Well for me its a real doozie I'm allergic to one of the best cures for ailments that was ever discovered "Penicillin" which makes it very expensive to treat things such as a bronchitis, tonsillitis, ect... go figue
roll.png

Jeff

For a while I was allergic to ants. I would break out with a rash, itch all over, and have difficulty breathing soon after being bitten by ants. Fortunately, after a few months I evidently worked through the allergy because I no longer react to ant bites.

what a topic...LOL I am allergic to penicillins, sulfa drugs, shrimp, red wine, wisteria, Yardley lavender soap, quite a bit of pollens, grass, especially mowed, hay, that's all I can think of right now.

In medications, my youngest daughter is allergic to penicillin. When they were babies/toddlers three of them were allergic to different foods but they out grew those allergies. My youngest son, youngest daughter and I tend to get mystery allergies where we break out into hives without rhyme or reason. Cases in point, we took out youngest daughter food shopping with us last month when all of a sudden her hands started swelling up and hives started spreading up her arms. We rushed over to the in-store pharmacy and bought an antihistamine as we didn't have any on us at the time by this time it was spreading over her neck and face. The meds worked and eventually the spread stopped and started to reverse. She hasn't had an allergic reaction since and we have been back to the store many, many times. A year or so ago, we made banana splits at home and my youngest son broke out into a severe case of hives. We ended up taking him to the hospital and It took weeks for all of the hives to finally go away. We had used all the ingredients in the split before and since and no hives. He even had an allergy test for nuts and nothing.
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Everything! All pollens, dust, feathers but not birds (figure that one out), dogs, cats, peanuts, bananas, cucumbers, strawberries, some perfumes. I have forgotten all the items the allergy doctor told me. He said it would be easier to list the things I wasn't allergic to, it would be shorter!

Thank goodness for Zyrtec!

I am one of those who are not allergic to just about everything with a few exceptions. When I was a kid, some time ago, rabbits and wool were triggers but not today as I see and pet my DD's Polish rabbit every morning not to mention water, feed and treat him. Whose rabbit is it? But today my main allergies but not sniffle allergies but reactionary is poison ivy I tend to get real bad just by walking by it and certain stinging bites. White faced wasps(the ones with a white stripe on their abdomen) send me to the hospital but stings like honey bees,yellow jackets and brown paper wasps just hurt like a mother. Although a yellow jacket did send to the hospital once a long time ago. It stung me in the bridge of my nose and was lurking around a garbage container I was servicing. Don't laugh but my face looked like the Elephant Man for a day. But seasonal allergies just have zero effect on me, blessed I guess. Cleaning the coop seems to make me sneeze from stirring up the fine particulates but subsides but who doesn't. Another reaction is spring season related as I break out into hives at the feed store if I don't order more chicks, this could also fall under the addiction thread instead.
idunno.gif

Oh and to add the other doozie too I'm absolutely allergic to the sun. Mom said the day she carried me out of the hospital as a newborn I sneezed and been sneezing since then. Its a pain when driving or anything for that matter right in the middle of something and a sunbeam hits you dead square on the eyes and sends you into a sneezing frenzy LOL Not!
somad.gif

Jeff

Nothing that I know of. But cleaning chemicals, heavy scents, artificial scents like air fresheners, perfumes, cigarette smoke and things like that will give me a migraine. My boyfriend is allergic to bananas and benadryl. My aunt had a liver transplant and is now allergic to all kinds of nuts.

Back
Top Bottom