What are you Dehydrating now

ok
take your pig skin and remove as much fat as you can so you just have the skin left. now place in boiling water and boil covered on low heat for 1 hour.
remove from water and allow to cool then scrap any fat that is left on, then dehydrate till it snaps (you cant over dry it)
now drop 2 to 3 peaces in to hot oil for about 30 seconds till all puffed up (i use my deep fat fryer) season with salt pepper chilli powder or any thing you like.
enjoy
droolin.gif

ok
take your pig skin and remove as much fat as you can so you just have the skin left. now place in boiling water and boil covered on low heat for 1 hour.
remove from water and allow to cool then scrap any fat that is left on, then dehydrate till it snaps (you cant over dry it)
now drop 2 to 3 peaces in to hot oil for about 30 seconds till all puffed up (i use my deep fat fryer) season with salt pepper chilli powder or any thing you like. 
enjoy :drool

Thanks for posting! :drool

ok
now drop 2 to 3 peaces in to hot oil for about 30 seconds till all puffed up (i use my deep fat fryer) season with salt pepper chilli powder or any thing you like.
enjoy
droolin.gif

After you dehydrate it, how long is it good for?? Or do you have to fry it right away?
Like can i dehydrate it and freeze it for later frying use?? Or...

After you dehydrate it, how long is it good for?? Or do you have to fry it right away?
Like can i dehydrate it and freeze it for later frying use?? Or...

once dehydrated remove any surface oil with kitchen roll and store in air tight jar or vac pac it.
when you come to use it, if when you bend it it does not snap put it in the oven 350 for 10 mins.

Question?? Did you soak your banana slices in lemon juice first? I made them about a year ago, the recipe said to soak in lemon juice (cuts down on turning brown). They dried well but you could taste a hint of the lemon. Wasn't a big hit with my kids because of the taste. Maybe I soaked them too long.

Back
Top Bottom