What are you getting for the Spring??

Settler'sDreamFarm

█ [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]
11 Years
Aug 7, 2008
Ontario, Canada :)
Spring will be here soon and I am sure many of you are wanting or getting more chickens/ducks/any other poutlry or maybe even poultry for the first time. So what are you getting??? Does not matter if its one breed or ten breeds just post what breed you want.
smile.png

I want to get Bantam Brahmas light and buff, Silkies white and buff, Bantam Cochins buff, Exchequer Leghorns, maybe a couple easter eggers , and Buff Orpington Ducks
smile.png
smile.png
***forgot to mention I like buff coloured poultry
tongue.png
smile.png

Hmm what will my mom let me get is the real question? LOL I am thinking I will probably be getting 1-2 Exchequer Leghorn Pullets, 1-2 Blue Wheaten Ameraucana pullets and possible one or two BLRW pullets and maybe some more Marans Pullets in other varerities. I have allot of really great oppertunites as I have amazing breeders in my area. I also may be getting some actual Blue Ameraucana pullets instead of my Cockerals that posed as pullets
big_smile.png

Does a new incubator for hatching out your own count?
Just order it tonight(sportsman the all in one type) and we are all excited. I hope to hatch out Americana chicks sold the parents and kept the prettiest babies from last year. I was excited when the white one turned out to be a beautiful rooster. Very white with pretty blue legs can not wait to see what the girls lay.
We have so many different breeds I will not take up your time with listing all the hopeful hatchings.
I am planning on ordering from someone some Kaki Campbells for my DH he likes duck eggs over chicken eggs.

Right now I have pekin and cayuga duck eggs, so those will add to my flock.
I have silkie eggs in the bator, white, buff, and cuckoo. I have some whites already, but the others will be new.
I have some BBS frizzle eggs in the bator from DDD, those are new.
I am getting some BBS ameracuana eggs, also from DDD, those are also new.
I have some Golden Lakenvelder eggs coming, and some khaki duck mix/pure eggs, those are both new.
I am getting some bantam polish eggs this spring, those are also new.
I am getting a quad of slate turkeys this month, which are also new.
I am getting some American Buff goslings from metzer farms this spring, which are also new.
I'm still looking for a blue or splash OEGB roo to go with my blue pullet and my splash hen, and I just got a trio of mottled bantam cochins, and a pair of mille fleurs.

Hmmmm..... I think that's it
big_smile.png

Forgot about the 'partridge in a pear tree'!! Maybe not in a pear tree, but I am still thinking about getting partridges and bobwhites.

Also forgot about the BLRW bantams I'm getting. And I am supposed to be getting rouen duck eggs to add to my flock.

Last edited:
I have Golden Sebrights in the bator now with some Barred Rock set a week behind them along with some of my production RIR eggs.
I am looking to get some Heritage RIR, maybe some Marans, Leghorns, and mabye something else.
First I have to spur DH into building another coop so I can keep some seperation for breeding.

Back
Top Bottom