what are you knitting now?

Quote:
Yes. Since I'm a spinner and can create wonderful yarns from wool, cotton, linen, and other wonderful natural fibers, it is a rare day when my hand touches an acrylic yarn (i.e. Red Heart, Caryn, et al)

I'm not saying there isn't acrylic yarn out there that isn't nice, but I'd rather spin my own.

thats really neat. ide love to make my own yarn. but im experimenting knitting with hair. like acrylic hair from a beauty store and i also like to knit with plastic bags

Quote:
Yes. Since I'm a spinner and can create wonderful yarns from wool, cotton, linen, and other wonderful natural fibers, it is a rare day when my hand touches an acrylic yarn (i.e. Red Heart, Caryn, et al)

I'm not saying there isn't acrylic yarn out there that isn't nice, but I'd rather spin my own.

You are my new hero. Real woven yarns are so much nicer than fake yarn, and I really hope I get the hang of it soon. Even though the spin is uneven with the sheep wool I am spinning, I am still going to use it and see how the finished product looks.

Quote:
I love using first yarns that are thick & thin, over & under spun in knitting with a plain stockinette stitch. It gives the project such a wonderful texture! The first thing I made with my handspun was a little bag to hang on my wheel to hold my oil bottle, extra orifice hooks, small scissors, tape measure, et al

I don't know if it is knit or crochet (newbie) but I was looking for a free pattern to make this:
86138_headband2.jpg

86138_headband.jpg

86138_headband3.jpg

Also thought this cupcake hat was cute (have this pattern):
86138_268183_2139305812089_1529470618_32328765_2268139_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom