What are you paying for feed?

$ 16.78 for 50 lbs of Layena crumbles
$ 14.78 for 50 lbs of Cracked corn
$ 12.78 for 50 lbs of Scratch
$ 15.79 a bale for 3 wire Alfalfa

A dozen "Veggi fed" duck eggs are selling for $3.00 to the local Hippy store
A dozen "Veggi fed" hen eggs are selling for $ 2.50 to the same place

Quote:
You are so lucky!! Almost $15 for 50 lbs of layer pellets.

maybe i need to buy a bunch and deliver!
lol.png

my chickens, ducks and turkeys love it!
smile.png

Why are ya'll giving cracked or crushed corn ?

I read several places in this forum that stratch DOES NOT have any nutiential value . Stick with the growers for chicks until 16 -18 weeks old and then Laying pellets ....

Quote:
mine is for a treat in cold weather. it gives them a heat boost at night for keeping warm.

it does have nutritional value. (it's food.) it is about 10% protein and high in carbs. it's not a complete food source.

if you want something else for boosting heat and carbs, seed wheat is great too.

Quote:
mine is for a treat in cold weather. it gives them a heat boost at night for keeping warm.

it does have nutritional value. (it's food.) it is about 10% protein and high in carbs. it's not a complete food source.

if you want something else for boosting heat and carbs, seed wheat is great too.

It does get very cold there not like here in California.

Quote:

It does get very cold there not like here in California.

that is for sure! it was in the 20's last night!
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom