What are you planning on doing with your kids this summer?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bkreugar, May 16, 2010.

1. bkreugar

bkreugar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Asheboro NC
    Well we have less than a month of school left, what if any are your plans to do with the kids? I am a crossing guard so I will be home with them. So far I signed both of them up for a few day camps thru 4h.They had some fabulous choices like farm to table for the 8-12 yr olds and putt putt and bowling for the little kids.Very low cost.

I also bought the summer movie cards for them.That is a program cinemark puts on with 10 G or PG movies over the summer for $5.00. My 7 yr old is still happy about this , but my now 12 yr old is not so interested in this anymore.

Both my kids are going to a week of horse camp.My eldest with her horse to sleep away, my youngest for 1/2 day camp on trainers horses.

Also have plans to take them to a handful of FREE museums and historical sites.THAT is my plans.We will not do something every day, but we WILL do something every week.

What are your plans???

2. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Key West baby!! Its been over 3 years since we've been and I cant wait!!!

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Mine are all over 20 so the one that continually hangs out not lifting a finger may just get kicked to the curb.

4. bkreugar

bkreugar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Asheboro NC
    Debira I have read your frustration over said kid and I think ~I~ would be giving kid a list of things to be accomplished while I was at work.If not done, no dinner for them!!

5. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    My kids are 9, 8 and 4.

We set up our backyard with a jungle gym, swingset, trampoline, sprinkler, garden and a small pool. So they BETTER spend some time outside! We also have a 2 acre pond and a creek to play in, but I don't let them near those without adult supervision.

It does get pretty hot in the summer, so:
    I know of a few free indoor play areas
    Indoor pool at the gym
    Dollar movie theater

I usually sign them up for free Bible day camps at various churches and my son has a Soccer camp this summer.

6. suzettex5

suzettex5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    California
    Ooooooh, I cant wait for summer!! We have so much to do!

Camping, fishing, shooting, national parks, visiting family all over, just staying busy all the time. We'll be going to museums and going to all the local fairs and shows.

We love going to the farmers market for all the fresh goodies and local honeys. Definately going to the water park, maybe a trip to Disney land. gonna hit the new indor pool in Roseville for some swimming lessons for the kids too.

We're lucky to have tons of stuff for kids and families to do all summer around here. Most things can be reached and enjoyed within a few hours, so none of our animals need a caretaker for more than 2 days.

We LOVE summer vacation!!

7. SallyF

SallyF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    Quote:We did that once, to one who refused to even LOOK for a job, and continually flunked out of the tech college courses we paid for. He now says it's the best thing we ever did for him. Hindsight is always 20/20!

8. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    We are starting off the summer by going to Washington D.C. for the weekend the day school gets out. We just bought a pop-up in November and have only got to use it when we went to Disney in January so far, so we plan on spending a lot of time camping this year. My Grandmother is finally retiring from her job, so the kids will probably spend a lot of time with her and my Grandfather. We will also be spending a lot of time at my Mom's river lot.

9. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Mine will be working earning spending money....

10. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

We are going to work on chores, I only work one day a week (real estate, but work through my home office as well, so am home 90% of the time which is great, I am so blessed) so am going to make a list for the day I am gone and have him do little things and see how that goes. He is such a good little worker, loves to clean fence rows and stuff like that, DH can use him outside too. Trying to get him off the game system, we had such an ugly winter there wasn't a whole lot to do, and he sorta got addicted. He is playing summer ball, and possibly might do a basketball camp which I think will be fun because he loves basketball. Short one day vacations to local hot spots in St. Louis like the zoo which we haven't been too in years, Magic House, Science Center and maybe even Shaw's Gardens, which is flowers, but such a lovely lovely place to visit. Then just chill.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by