What are you reading? (or books you highly recommend)

T

Dr. Sleep is the story of Danny, the kid in The Shining, as an adult. Excellent story by Stephen King. This is horror of course.

Oh wow! :eek:That sounds AWESOME!!!

I've never read a horror book. Horror movies tend to be too much for me but I'm wondering if a horror book could be something I could handle. I might have to try one.

I don't watch current horror movies, but I LOVE a good scary black & white. :thumbsup

As far as horror books go, I used to read them when I was younger, but I get too involved in them & stop eating or sleeping until they're done. As someone pretending to be a responsible adult, I cant really afford to do that anymore. :oops:

Has anyone ever read the Flowers in the Attic series by V. C. Andrews? My mom read that and let me read it when I was in high school. It's a really good series, though a rather disturbing at the same time. It's drama disturbing, not horror.

Flowers in the Attic
Petals on the Wind
If There Be Thorns
Seeds of Yesterday
Garden of Shadows

Has anyone ever read the Flowers in the Attic series by V. C. Andrews? My mom read that and let me read it when I was in high school. It's a really good series, though a rather disturbing at the same time. It's drama disturbing, not horror.

Flowers in the Attic
Petals on the Wind
If There Be Thorns
Seeds of Yesterday
Garden of Shadows

What a flashback! That was THE book to read back when I was in jr high/highschool too. I only read the 1st one though, not the entire series.

Does anybody read Anne Rice? I used to love her back in the day too, but haven't checked her out for a long time. I'm told she can be a little too dark for some.

Flowers in the Attic
Petals on the Wind
If There Be Thorns
Seeds of Yesterday
Garden of Shadows
OMG yes years ago loved it.

What a flashback! That was THE book to read back when I was in jr high/highschool too. I only read the 1st one though, not the entire series.

Does anybody read Anne Rice? I used to love her back in the day too, but haven't checked her out for a long time. I'm told she can be a little too dark for some.
Yes she can be..blood & gold

I've never read a horror book. Horror movies tend to be too much for me but I'm wondering if a horror book could be something I could handle. I might have to try one.

I cannot handle horror movies at all. Horror books, I can do. The only one that really messed with me was Amityville Horror.

Flowers in the Attic
Petals on the Wind
If There Be Thorns
Seeds of Yesterday
Garden of Shadows

Wow, that does bring back memories. Read them all as a teenager. Certainly disturbing subject matter, but I couldn't put them down. :oops:

I cannot handle horror movies at all. Horror books, I can do. The only one that really messed with me was Amityville Horror.

That was the first horror movie I ever saw. Scared me for years! I watched it again years later and it seemed cheesy lol. I'd probably do fine with fiction horror but I'm not even going to try any of those supposedly based on a true story ones lol

Wow, that does bring back memories. Read them all as a teenager. Certainly disturbing subject matter, but I couldn't put them down. :oops:

Exactly!

Back
Top Bottom