What are you reading?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by desertgirl, Oct 25, 2009.

1. desertgirl

desertgirl Roo Magnet

Mar 29, 2009
    Albuquerque,NM
    Just finished that Twilight series (I know, don't laugh-they are freakishly addictive!!!!), and looking for my next read.

What is everyone reading?[​IMG]

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Just after Sunset
    by
    Stephen King

Imp

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
  4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

The Last Oracle by James Rollins. Very government underground, secret spy stuff. I love those kind of books. Guy gets an artifact by mistake, chased around the globe...... [​IMG]

5. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    Almost done with "The Egg and I" by Betty McDonald. About living on a chicken ranch in Pacific Northwest during the 40's. Funny in a deprecating sort of way.

6. fowltemptress

fowltemptress Frugal Fan Club President

Jan 20, 2008
    I loathe the Twilight books, but my best friend loves them, so I'll let you know what she's reading in case y'all's taste is alike. She's reading Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell, by Susanna Clarke. I've never read it, so I have no opinions on it to offer. My best friend also likes books by Diana Wynne Jones, who is an author I have read, and I'll freely admit to loving her books. She's a wonderful author, and I wouldn't hesitate recommending her to anyone.

Me? I'm reading The Memoirs of Cleopatra by Margaret George and Lamb by Christopher Moore. I don't normally read two at a time, but my SO's been having trouble sleeping and it helps if I read aloud to him. I have fun trying to keep track of the different voices for the characters, but I never thought I'd be doing it for an adult! [​IMG]

7. Julie_A

Julie_A Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Brewton, Ala.
    I just finished The Fountainhead. Starting Anna Karenina.

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Hostages of Colditz

By: Giles Romilly & Michael Alexander

9. 19Dawn76

19Dawn76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Toadsuck, AR
    Lonesome Dove. It s my I am sick book. I am sick.

10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Dawn I am sick too, and I absolutely love those books. They are takemeaway books.

I just got done watching Rooster Cogburn. The BEST older western. Lonesome Dove has my heart.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by