WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? WHAT DID YOU JUST RECEIVE?

I have an order of 4 from my pet chicken dot com. There are two female "Easter eggers" and two female random rare breed so I will have two surprises in the box at least.

They should ship the week of 4/7/14. I can't wait to get them.

We got all our chickens. 3 ISA browns, 3 black astrolopes, 4 arecanas, 3 buff orpingtons and a leghorn. We should get a good variety of eggs!
HAd to go to 3 different TSC stores to get all the ones I wanted!

This is my first post here but im glad to be part of the group!

AW... im jealous of how big your brooder is.. i wish mine was that big.. (i have a 54 gallon tote)... i dont have much room in my home for something big.. the tote however fits perfectly on my fireplace.. (the only place i have room) yours looks AMAZING!!! :)

A friend of mine moved away and left me this old coat closet. I was not really able to restore it into a nice cabinet like i had hoped (it is just cheap vanere) so when i was searching for a brooder (one i can keep them in all the way until they go outside, and who knows when the snow will go away in michgan!) i looked over at this cabinet and the light bulb went off in my head! i put a plywood backing and set it down on its back. I put a couple 2x4 under to keep any moisture away and elevate off the floor. also, there is a heat vent on the floor under the brooder and i think they like there "heated flooring"

it is 3x6. I was planning on 15 birds and ended up with 14, but still wanted them to have enough room.

Am hatching ten eggs (my first) and got my first pips (four so far). Can't wait to see them. They are swedish flower hens and some may be frizzle. Can't wait!!!

I am waiting on my eggs to hatch. I ordered from breeders in TN and FL. I did the baby chicks last year. I have a flock of 16 from last year. I got an assortment last year then determined which breeds I liked best to raise. I did not lose any chicks last time. I got a total of 24 eggs shipped in and they came in great shape. Then I added 8 eggs from my own. They are in the incubator. I am anxiously awaiting their hatching. A lot of learning with it. I was nervous about shipping eggs through the mail. They did fine.

I have three Easter eggers, Four Barred Plymouth, and three white leghorn coming in April. I finished the coop this weekend. I can't decide where to put my brooder. Does it have to stay in an octagon shape I wonder? I was thinking my laundry room but I might end up putting it in my kitchen. The bathroom is big but may be a little too moist come shower time.

I am waiting for an order from Cackle Hatchery, I'm getting 25 Cornish Cross Straight run and 1 Australorp Cockerel and 1 Buff Orphington Cockerel. Im so excite I have ordered chicks in the mail before but its been awhile Im excited to add them to my flock (at least until the Cornishs get butchered lol
lol.png
)

Back
Top Bottom