WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? WHAT DID YOU JUST RECEIVE?

LOL How about I put my home up for sale because I wanted chickens? I live in a nice home and I love it....but....need acreage, space, bigger house and get out of the city. The housing market is on the rise and it is supposedly a buyer's market. BUT the big banks are dumping their distressed foreclosures and there isn't much out there for those of us who do not have a couple of hundred thousand lying around in the bank to buy and repair a home with no financing. Just an average wage earning chicken keeper here. Hmmm...wonder how much I can get for all of these eggs? Ironically, I can't eat eggs! Bet you really think I am nuts now, huh?
NO!!!! I don't think your nuts, I think everyone else NOT like us is nuts! Anyways a pecan tree is more interesting with a few nuts ready to harvest! Wouldn't you agree? LOL I call your actions pro-active! Good luck with the move and fair pecking to the chickens new yard!

Heres the one with his little head out

I have a friend at church who has repeatedly lost hens due to this. They got too curious, would stick their heads out, and the coyotes, foxes, coons & opossums bite their heads off. Lori goes out the next morning to find stiff, headless birds.

Telling you that so you will be aware in the event you have issues with predators like Lori & I do. :)

Finally!!! Our first batch of chicks have ARRIVED!!! We now are the excited owners of 4 Ameraucanas and 4 Andalusians! The next batch arrives the first week of June! - Maybe we won't still be having frost by then? Anyway...without further ado...

The first picture is the youngest with an Andalusian now named "Pancake" the next is the oldest with an Ameraucana "Hashbrown"! And here's the group in the great brooder that my DH built for us!
ya.gif

Heres the one with his little head out
That's the same time I got mine! And yours look, in size, almost identical to mine, too! Today when I went in the coop to check up on them and give them their little afternoon treat of mealworms, they were acting "different" .. they weren't skittish at all...yay! They came right to me and gobbled up their treats, and then 2 of them walked right between my legs and kinda rubbed up against my leg a little. I reached down and they let me pet them...double YAY!!
wee.gif

That's the same time I got mine! And yours look, in size, almost identical to mine, too! Today when I went in the coop to check up on them and give them their little afternoon treat of mealworms, they were acting "different" .. they weren't skittish at all...yay! They came right to me and gobbled up their treats, and then 2 of them walked right between my legs and kinda rubbed up against my leg a little. I reached down and they let me pet them...double YAY!!
wee.gif

Chicken dance
yippiechickie.gif
for you! congrats on your new friendships!

Back
Top Bottom