What are your chickens favorite snacks?

My bubus already got watermelon today bc we are in the 90's already
They go crazy for meal worms and they love grapes and raisins

One thing is I have to limit raisins bc it makes their droppings sticky and sticks to them lol

Omg...... I promise this was just a one-time treat but mine went crazy for these miniature marshmallows. It was the cutest....they would spear one and then run around with the skewered marshmallow (in circles and away from the others... They were just 2 months)... They somehow got the marshmallow down after a minute or two even though their beaks were stuck thru. Also, they each only got one.

Another time, i gave my smaller dog a chicken nugget and the alpha hen snatched it from her :p this was one of the few times my dog chased a chicken (she's trained to leave them alone). The chicken dropped the nugget.

Last edited:
On the healthy side, other than live and dried mealworms, mine love a tray of freshly planted wheatgrass, and earthworms from freshly turned dirt. They also get extra produce (some favorites are strawberry tops, mushy berries, and corn on the cob after a human has had their turn). They seem more drawn to things that are already once-eaten.... They seem suspicious of whole produce and don't know what to do with it. My guess is the broken kernels/membranes smell more tempting compared to a whole cob. They are more tempted to peck the new weird object.

Ha ha strange things! If i give my girls something new i have to leave it and walk away. Once one has the nerve to try it though, they all dive in usually.

Omg...... I promise this was just a one-time treat but mine went crazy for these miniature marshmallows. It was the cutest....they would spear one and then run around with the skewered marshmallow (in circles and away from the others... They were just 2 months)... They somehow got the marshmallow down after a minute or two even though their beaks were stuck thru. Also, they each only got one.

Another time, i gave my smaller dog a chicken nugget and the alpha hen snatched it from her
tongue.png
this was one of the few times my dog chased a chicken (she's trained to leave them alone). The chicken dropped the nugget.

That is soo cute!!!

Right now it is cream filled cookies. If I'm eating outside, 1 of my spitzhauben hens wants whatever I am eating. She gets fussy when I'm too slow feeding her.

Back
Top Bottom