What are your chickens' names?

Tommy: Named so because the "Fair Theme" at my fair was Blue Jeans and Country Dreams, and I named him and my Delaware Pullet after 2 people in a country love song called "She's In Love With The Boy" The boy was Tommy, and the Girl was Katie, and it was like dream love... so.. yeah.. he's probably the longest story behind the name!!
big_smile.png

Shadow: Always followed mom around like a shadow

Baldy: had no feathers on her head when she came.

Checkers (Sometimes Called NOSY!) : Has pretty checkers on her neck, and is VERY Nosy about everything.. Especially cameras..

Creepy:
No Pic available.. Has a creepy ball on the bottom of her beak, and is all around a creepy bird...
Calico: Has a calico pattern on her back..

Beaky:
No Pic Available.The only one who was never Debeaked..
Stink Eye: Always gives me the "Stink Eye"
No pic available
Goofy: Just a goofy bird... :)
No pic available..

Last edited:
Tommy: Named so because the "Fair Theme" at my fair was Blue Jeans and Country Dreams, and I named him and my Delaware Pullet after 2 people in a country love song called "She's In Love With The Boy" The boy was Tommy, and the Girl was Katie, and it was like dream love... so.. yeah.. he's probably the longest story behind the name!!
big_smile.png

Shadow: Always followed mom around like a shadow

Baldy: had no feathers on her head when she came.

Checkers (Sometimes Called NOSY!) : Has pretty checkers on her neck, and is VERY Nosy about everything.. Especially cameras..

Creepy:
No Pic available.. Has a creepy ball on the bottom of her beak, and is all around a creepy bird...
Calico: Has a calico pattern on her back..

Beaky:
No Pic Available.The only one who was never Debeaked..
Stink Eye: Always gives me the "Stink Eye"
No pic available
Goofy: Just a goofy bird... :)
No pic available..
Did they peck to much? why are they Debeaked?

we have sixty five chickens so i can't list all there names but here are five of them.
Pearl because he is silver/blue color.
Dakota because i liked the name.
Ice tea because she is yellowy-orange in color.
Snow because she is white.and
Gule because it is a swedish name and he is a swedish flower hen.

Did they peck to much? why are they Debeaked?
I dont know... We bought them that way.. they were in pretty rough shape, so I'm thinking maybe without us knowing it we bought some ex-Egg farm chickens, because they were saved and then sold by some lady... If it were up to us, they would not have been debeaked, I don't like doing that, because I think it hinders their ability to peck at food.

Last edited:
I named some of mine after family members.

BR roosters Kurt and Kim/John
BR hens Katherine,Sammi, Donna,Michele is the smallest and Tweedle Dee
RSL Bev, Lucy and Tweedle Dum
BO rooster Casanova, he likes the ladies.
BO hen Dana because she's blonde.

Back
Top Bottom